I was very recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog award and the Liebster award by the extremely talented and wonderful Aubrey Leaman and I’ve finally gotten around to fulfilling my award obligations. I enjoy these kinds of posts because I’m weird like that, and I love sharing absurd facts.
For the One Lovely Blog award, I’m supposed to present 7 facts about myself, and for the Liebster, there’s 11 questions to answer, so here we go!
- I have never learned to ride a bicycle. It’s true! I tend to get funny looks whenever that comes up in conversation (which is almost never, thankfully). I also don’t have a driving license and hate flying. I’ve got vehicular issues.
- I’m a Grammar Nazi. And a Spelling Nazi. And yes, it’s perfectly acceptable to start sentences with conjunctions, so don’t you dare defy me!
- I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 8. Too much time with my face practically glued to the TV screen, despite repeated warnings.
- When I was very young, I shoved my finger into a table fan. Why? I don’t know. I have the vaguest memory of my mom telling me not to and my hand hovering near it, but I don’t remember the incident itself. I do have a nifty scar, though.
- I love doing mental math. Sometimes, when I’m bored, I’ll try to add, subtract or multiply large numbers. Don’t do much division, though. Not sure why. I was also very stoked when I figured out the numerical patterns in multiplication tables and square roots. I also read dictionaries in my spare time as a child.
- People breaking into song drives me nuts. It’s why I generally can’t stand musicals. Sing-a-longs during long drives are my personal hell. That being said, I love music. A nice instrumental piece relaxes me. Singing, not so much, unless the singer has a truly phenomenal voice.
- When I was young, I wanted to be a voice actor for cartoons and animated movies. I thought it was the best job in the world. Come to think of it, I still do.
And that’s a fact! Or seven.
On to the questions:
- If you could have dinner with any superhero, who would you pick and why?The most obvious answer is Batman, but he’d probably just yammer on about the Riddler’s latest puzzle or run off mid-meal to punch Two-Face in the teeth. I’d actually go with one of the sidekicks. Probably Batgirl (the original). She’s the commissioner’s daughter, a computer whiz, and probably has some interesting stories about the Gotham Police department and the Bat. Plus, she just seems cool.
- What is your favorite sport?Haha, next question. Alright, I did like playing basketball well into college. I wasn’t very good at it, but I enjoyed it. I also discovered a love of golf in college, but I would hesitate to call it a sport. It’s an activity.
- If you tripped in front of millions of people, what would you do?Pretend it was intentional, or act like it was the ground’s fault for tripping me and run the hell away.
- What is a subject that you find really interesting in theory but would actually probably hate doing in real life?Archaeology. Discovering hidden aspects of our history and the history of the world is pretty fascinating. It sheds light on the past, which in turn illuminates the present and the future. Wouldn’t really want to spend my time digging through dirt and rocks, though.
- Pink or blue?Gray. Ha.
Blue. It’s always blue.
- What is your favorite board/other game?Oh, so many…
Clue is always a favorite, because I love a good mystery.Also, there are tiny weapons! How cool is that?!
Any other game? We could talk about video games, but I guarantee you’ll get bored before I do.
- If you could claim a celebrity as your sibling, who would you pick?I’m not sure I’d want a celebrity as a sibling. That’s a long shadow to walk under. And I’m sure the paparazzi will be in love with me because I’m so-and-so’s brother. No thank you.
- If you could time travel to any time and place in the universe, when/where would you go?There are just so many wonderful and amazing possibilities out there. But really, I’d like to go back to my house, before my mom got cancer.
- What do you feel is the most underrated book?I don’t think I’ve come across any, to be honest. Overrated? Plenty. But I can’t think of a book that I would consider underrated.
- GPS or physical maps?Physical maps. GPS makes things easier, I suppose, but there’s a puzzle-solving element to physical maps that I just love. Unless I’m hopeless lost.
- Favorite type of music, artist, or song?My musical taste is split between classical music, orchestral movie soundtracks and 80’s pop. I am nothing if not eclectic.
And there we are. Once Trivial Pursuit: Artman Edition is released, champions will you all be.
As per the rules, I have to nominate some bloggers. But I’m going to be a rebel, so I basically nominate anyone who reads this. I’ve come up with a list of questions below, and you may answer them if you so choose. This is basically a fun little exercise in getting to know people and learning bizarre factoids. You can make a post about it or just answer in the comments. Or neither, really. All choices are valid here. Alright, enough rambling.
Here are my questions:
- What is your favorite condiment?
- What was your favorite toy as a child? What made it special?
- How would you define ‘happiness’?
- If you could use one sound to describe your personality, what would it be?
- Is one truly the loneliest number? Why or why not?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received, on any subject?
- What song can you listen to endlessly?
- Bar fight or dance off?
- If you had a Mr. Hyde-like alternate personality, what would they be like?
- If you were to become ruler of the entire planet, what’s the first decree you’d issue?
- Favorite toothpaste flavor?
And last, but not least, the rules:
- Link back the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Display the Liebster award logo in your post.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media or blogs.
Similar rules for the other award. List 7 facts. Display the award badge. All that jazz.