Well, this is exciting. Another month, another blog award nomination.
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Lenee, aka awritershelper, over at Scribbles to Compositions. Thank you, Lenee! That was quite awesome of you! I’m generally a fan of awesome people. She’s got quite a few stories to tell, so do give her a read!
Now I get to nominate 10 bloggers of my choice, so here we go, in no particular order:
3. Adoption =
8. Dear Dad
As per the rules of the award, every nominee poses 10 questions to whoever they choose to nominate, so here are awritershelper’s questions:
1. List 5 things you thought of to write about as you read through this blog post.
I was actually trying to come up with some blog post ideas earlier today. One of the first things that came to mind was, obviously, the response to the nomination. I also thought about covering my general experience on a random day of the week, or another chapter from my past. A short story idea for my fiction blog whizzed by, and a post about being a dog person.
2. What was one of your parent’s favorite songs?
Boy, that’s a tough one. My parents listened to Indian music, specifically Hindi and Bengali songs. My mother was very fond of Indian classical music, which she taught professionally. I can’t think of a song right now, but they loved anything by a singer named Kishore Kumar, who is essentially a legend in the Indian music industry, and was massively popular from the 50’s till about the 80’s.
3. Do you like fruit pulp in your juice?
No. I just like juice in my juice. The tiniest hint of pulp, perhaps. I also prefer smooth peanut butter to chunky.
4. What do you think of when I say, “wooden spoon?”
Mixing cake batter. Granted, I use a silicon spatula for that, but for some reason, that’s the image wooden spoon brings to mind. Or mixing pasta sauce. Good thing I’m writing this up after lunch.
5. Have you stood on top of a mountain and watched the sunrise?
Sadly, I’ve never stood on top of a mountain. Then again, I’m not too great with heights, so maybe that’s a good thing. Seen a few sunrises, though, and they were amazing.
6. Have you seen something unexplainable, like a UFO or Sasquatch?
Hmmm…no, can’t say I’ve ever seen anything that bizarre. I once experienced what I believed to be an encounter with a ghost, where I woke up in the middle of the night and felt myself being choked by some invisible force, unable to move my limbs or even cry for help. I’ve since discovered that it’s a condition called sleep paralysis, so mystery solved.
7. Which sports team is your favorite?
Not really much of a sports person, really, so I have no answer to this. But my closest friends are Steelers fans, so Go Steelers!
8. Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker?
I don’t drive, so no. If I did drive though, I’m not sure if I’d want to play a game of ‘Harmless of Serial Killer?’
9. Which movie star would you want to portray you on the big screen?
George Clooney. Because he’s great at comedy and went prematurely grey, as I seem to be doing. Or Peter Dinklage. Because Peter Dinklage is always awesome.
10. There appears to be no 10th question, so I’ll make one up. Ummm…if you could go back in time and meet Abraham Lincoln, what would you say to him?
“Hi, Mr. President. Nice hat.”
So there you have it.
And now it’s my turn! So, my fellow nominees, riddle me this:
1. What’s the last thing you think about before going to bed?
2. What’s your favorite word, in any language? It could even be a made up word, like flurble, for example. No, I don’t know what it means.
3. Would you want to live forever? Why, or why not?
4. Describe your childhood pet (or the one you wish you had).
5. What minor thing bothers you more than it should?
6. What food will you absolutely not eat? And I don’t mean due to allergies or any other conditions, just food you plain don’t like.
7. What does the word ‘comfort’ mean to you?
8. What makes you smile, no matter how grumpy you’re feeling?
9. What personality trait or quirk of yours do people notice the most?
10. Is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? Also, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Ok, ignore that second question)
Well, that pretty much covers it. Oh, one more thing. As a nominee of the Liebster Award, you’re expected to follow these rules:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.